Monday, February 14, 2011

Astro Max to Astro Beyond

My Astro Max was displaying a "Your Card has expired. Please contact Astro" message on Thursday night. So I called up Astro customer service after a few long minutes and a couple of disconnected line, I was connected to a real person and was told that I have a technical problem. So I was transferred to the technical depertment line. Apparently they don't work at night. So I called the technical department again the next morning and after listening to recorded messages on the general way to fix a technical problem. I was transferred to a real person. I was told that I have been informed previously that I need to change my Astro Max to the new Astro Beyond. I told the lady that I wasn't told that I would not be able to view my Astro Max if I don't change to Astro Beyond. The letter that I have received only said that if I prefer to change to Astro beyond, I will not be imposed with any installation fees. The lady continued telling me that I have to change to Beyond and the additional fees for the PVR will be waived for the first 2 years when I asked her about the additional chargers. Then she told me that the PVR (Personal- Video- Recorder) will be activated by the Astro installer on the spot and my request will be entertain after 48hrs of her submitting my request. So far I have missed NCIS Season 8 and American Idol Season 8 and I am about to miss out on So You Think You Can Dance Season 7!!! All my previously recorded series in My Astro Max could not be retrieved!! I am really hoping that I will be able to watch Astro by this week.

No comments: