Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Betty’s Midwest Kitchen (America On A Plate)- Sunway

Heard a friend of mine SY raved about this restaurant for a very long time. SY, LP and I went there one time after coming back from Penang but it was closed at 3pm. It is located on the same road as Wong Poh Crab in Sunway. So we tried again yesterday for lunch. It was packed but we still managed to find us a seat. SY ordered the Ham & Mushroom Soup RM10.00, Bacon Tomato Spaghetti RM15.00, Country Fried Chicken RM15.00, Hot Coffee RM4.50 and Ice Lemon Tea RM4.30. Plus a 10% service charge it totaled up to RM53.70.


I didn't take any pictures of the food but here's the interior. So many people are blogging these days. So, check out their site for the food.

The Kitchen Area

Betty's Kitchen Sdn Bhd

A-G-40 Jalan LJU 1/43,

Aman Suria Damansara,

47301 Petaling Jaya.

Tel/Fax: 03-7880 0196

www.midwestkitchen.com.my









The friend- SY
 When they recommended the Soup of The Day Mushroom Soup, I thought that it's the standard Campbell soup- white and powdery- well you get what I mean. It turned out to be watery, with mushrooms, lots of carrots but with a Campbell soup like smell. Makes me wonder how they managed to get that smell in there with all those other ingredients. * Still wondering*. Try it if you like carrot. I am not a carrot lover. So, it's not for me. I didn't like the little sweet taste too. The Country Fried Chicken is worth a try. The sauce made the crunchy fried chicken nice <--  Nice?! Not a food critic's choice of word!! That's because I'm not. The chefs/ food critics of Junior Master Chef definitely have a better description than nice!


The gravy did remind me of the Western Cowboy Restaurant (Not even sure if this is the correct name) at Desa Petaling. They have more food and beverage choices there. They have that kind of gravy and you can have it on your fish, chicken chop, pork chop and whatever chop they have. I think it's called Marmalade Fish/Chicken/Lamb/Pork there. I preferred it on my fish. Me<-- not much of a meat eater. Tried it on my chicken chop once, don't like it. I have been persuading my colleagues to go there with me but we just couldn't find the time and patience to go through heavy traffic jams for it when it opens at 6pm.

No comments: