Monday, May 21, 2012

Friends- We play well together


On a personal note, I really appreciate the 2 weeks I spent with my university ex-housemates. This is the 2nd time that the 3 of us ever spent the holidays together. The 1st one was in Bali. Great times too. As we complement each other so well, we always had a great time together. We have loads of things to talk about but we seldom ask about each others’ personal love life. And when we were bored while waiting for our food to be served, the silence were not awkward at all. We just stared at the pictures on the restaurant wall or stare at each other. This resulted in the ‘what-do-you-want?’ face and ‘nothing, I-just-like-smelling-my-upper-lips’ face. 

To be honest, spending 24hrs together, er…. except the private bathroom & shower time that is, for the whole trip did affect us (sometimes). And LP who’s always the calm one was the one who defuse the situation before it gets any uglier. I made it sound serious but it is actually a minor thing. Clashes in personality I guess. I.e: I want to study the maps carefully while G wants to take a more proactive action of asking for direction. LP just lets us do whatever we want. And when that happened, the usually quiet LP stepped in and do what she does best- to keep us in line. 

I really like the picture I had of LP and Gale holding hands while walking up the street of Tokyo.


Another favorite is the one where we were all crammed on my bed while we were all doing our own thing. 



G doing Sudoku, LP editing her pictures with her i-phone and me reading my e-book. They do have their own bed but it seems like my bed is a lot warmer than theirs.

The above is one of the 'Must Do' thing when you go to Japan. According to Charlie that is.

Sometimes my face shows that I wasn’t happy, but that is not true. It just means that I am tired. This is when we were climbing up the hundreds of steps at Fushimi Inari Shrine. I mean I need training for that 2-3 hrs climb to complete the route. Or more time without it (training). But it was already 6pm and the bus is only available every hour. We were lucky that the bus driver in Japan is very good. He waited for us for a good couple of minutes as we were stuck at the other side of the road and the traffic light won’t let us cross. ‘Arigato-gozaimasu’.

Abrupt ending to this blog. :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

(^_^) I was very happy during the trip too... yeah... sometimes situation does become heated... but it's just during those time... I'm glad we know each other to acknowledge it... because in the end we still manage to pull it through together... Looking forward to the next trip... where? hm...

Abet said...

I was thinking... Switzerland..:)