Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scaredy Cat

I was already sulking when i thought that no one invited me to any activities or trip before the end of 2010. LP went to Hong Kong with her family and planning to go to Singapore with her colleagues- didn't invite me along. Boohoo..~~ :(

I never thought that when i was thinking of places to go and things to do- that i would be going to England with G, Paris with me & possibly Scotland with G!!

My initial plan was going somewhere local / doing something adventurous. This normally means that i'll be spending my day alone in IOI mall watching movies with a bunch of strangers with bad B.O.

Been preparing all my tickets.. i've found out that i have to book everything early- bus/ coach tickets, train tickets, hostels. The train tickets (return) to Paris jumped from BPD 72.00 to BPD 102.00. Fudge me..!!

Hostel price also jumped a couple of Euros.


Gee.. PAris scared me man.. suck to find out that the hostel that i have booked is somewhere near Pigalle in between Blanche metro (near Moulin Rouge- Beware sex workers on the prowl~) and Abbesses metro. But from a another girl's blog. It wasn't so bad. But i guess it's because she travelled in a group.

I can't wait to get the Paris trip over with and get back to G in Newcastle. By then i would think that i have tons of laundry to do. Haha..~

My french is bad..never learn the language before.. but here goes nothing.. Let the lessons begin..

Excusez-moi. Parlez-vous anglais?

me pardonner vous fait parle l'anglais

(pronounced like this: me=may, pardonner= pardoughnay, vous=vu, fait=fay, parle=parlay, l'anglais= long glay)


English Pronunciation French
Do you speak English? par-lay voo zon-glay Parlez-vous anglais?
Excuse me/sorry ex-koo-zay mwah Excusez-moi
Fine thanks and you? bee-ehn mer-see ay voo? Merci et vous?
Glad to meet you on-shohn-tay Enchanté
Good-by oh ruh-vwar Au revoir
Good evening bon-swar Bon soir
Good morning/good day bon-zhoor Bon jour
Hello sah-loo Salut
Here ee-see Ici
How are you? kom-mohn tah-lay voo Comment allez-vous?
I don't understand jhuhn kom-prohn pah Je ne comprends pas
I'm sorry day-zoh-lay/pahr-dohn Desolé/Pardon
My name is juh mah-pell Je m'appelle
No nohn Non
Ok dah-core d'accord
Pardon me pahr-dohn Pardon
Please seel voo play S'il vous plaît
Pleased to meet you ohn--shahn-tay Enchanté(e)
Please speak slowly par-lay lehn-ta-mohn Parlez lentement
So-so kum-see, kum-sah Comme ci, comme ça
Thank you mare-see Merci
That's ok dah ree-ehn De rien
There lah
Very well treh bee-ehn Très bien
What? kom-mohn Comment?
What is your name?
 
kom-mohn voo-za-peh-lay voo
 
Comment vous appellez-vous?
When kohn Quand
Where oo
You' re welcome dah ree-ehn De rien

5 comments:

Abby said...

haha.. i like! anyway... lets go outdoor ice skating when we are in scotland.. i saw one place not bad... but hadn't look into it closer...

Bren said...

Haha...I'd be so stress if I land at PAris alone...
You must bring the dictionary along lah kan??hehhe

Abet said...

Gale: Ok..u know that i'm up for anything.. :) We can take a 1 day tour also.. lots of tour operator at the train station. macam..

Bren: U have no idea how stress i've been these pass week.. hehe..

But now that almost everything is ready..~ the pressure has lifted off a little..

French dictionary?I've thought about it.. c la, there's going to be another book Sale next weekend.. lets just c what i can dig up from there..hehe

CoNnie said...

good luck on your trip!

Abet said...

I've missed out on the book sale d.. huh..~

Connie: *fingers crossed.. 1 more week to go..~!!