Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Genting

A week after CNY, the older Dragon brother came to visit. Called SY up at 5pm to get the direction to Lil’ Bro’s office, instead I ended up inviting her along for the trip. Well, she kind of hinted that she hasn’t been up for quite some time. She made up her mind at that one phone call then went home to pack up her things.

SY thought that Lil’ Bro’ was a girl seeing him walking over to us from his office building. He stinks of smoke when he’s in the car. We all kept mum about it. Pretended that the smell isn’t making us sick.

I missed a turn getting to Genting with the sign (Genting, Institut Aminuddin Baki) on the left and (Genting Highlands) on the right/ straight. I took the straight road, but all the same, it takes us to the same road up to Genting after having to do a U-turn and pass through McDonalds.
It was pretty intimidating driving up with 4 person in my compact car. But with shouts of instruction to change to low/2L gears from them brothers, we managed to reach Genting First World parking in one piece. The brothers were making fun of my driving skills and I yelled ‘Turuuuuun…!!’ Then everyone was like “Aaargh…. Haha... ”. We were all joking and kidding around which SY found endearing. It had gotten very foggy when we reached the top around 11.30pm. It forced everyone to drive slowly, because it was very difficult to read the signboard pointing the way to the carpark.Luckily, there was plenty of empty parking spaces on that Friday night. The KIOSK Check-In Machine can’t process us, since we have already exceeded the Check-In time. And luckily for us as well, it only took us 15minutes to complete our counter check-in.

SY was sporting enough to join us since all of us will be sleeping in the same room. She tried to converse in Mandarin with the elder bro,but he seems to always be ignoring her or pretended not to be listening. His spoken English is of an English educated person with the ‘right..’ at the back of his sentences. A proper one. I had goosebumps just listening to him speak with the hotel’s receptionist on the phone. While my English is of Chinese Malaysian style complete with the ‘mah’, ‘meh’ and ‘lah’ in my sentences.

He was out till early morning between 5am- 6am. I was getting worried and had to text him and ask him to come back. The little one just sit at Starbuck till 3am-4am wearing my cardigan and making it smell of smoke. Euwe~!! I had half a mind to let him freeze himself.
I also managed to lose RM20 gambling, take Lil’ Bro back to his house, take Elder Bro to airport (with plenty of time to spare) and take SY back home safely. Yay me! I wasn’t too worried driving up because I have my boys with me.

Will there be another trip up with me driving?
Yes... With the right group of people.:).

No comments: