Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stranger

I was having breakfast today at the local fast food joint. While i was taking my own sweet time reading the paper, some african guy sitting behind me asked me if i was done with the paper. It was so obvious that i was not. I was rude in my head saying 'Can't you see that i am still reading?'. But what came out was, 'No i am not done with it' and turned my back on him. Funny but i thought i heard him said 'Haiya...'
Then i heard him said something else like wanting to share the paper and i turn around again saying 'don't they have other paper there at the paper stand?'. And about the same time i said that, a waitress came over with another english paper for him. And i thought that he will leave me alone after that. But again he ask if he can join me? I was thinking that 'what the hell is this guy's problem? Can't he see that my table is a small table and all the space is taken by the paper and my tray? But again I said 'No' and just smile. 
I didn't feel comfortable reading then. I packed up my things and gave my stack of newspaper to him and left. 
There goes my much anticipated weekend breakfast. May be i should come out earlier for breakfast.

No comments: