Thursday, November 12, 2015

My meaningful days in Sabah

I have an option of going to Phuket alone, going to Mactan Island in the Philippines and going back to Sabah. After a long time pondering and researching. I have made the decision to go back to Sabah. And i think that that was the right decision. I spent one night in kk, wai the 3rd brother came and picked me up from the airport. He brought along my nephew (his son) in his wife's new car. All this works perfectly for me. We went straight to lunch of noodles and prawn balls. My treat. He then sent me to big brother's to spend the night.
I spent time with my niece and nephew (his kids) in the evening, singing karaoke and playing with dolls. At night during dinner, i hung out with the nanny and the wife. Dinner was all cooked with Thermomix or as Induk (my cousin) likes to call it- the German Maid. Even down to the lemonade. Yum~~
The next day was a Sunday, so i sleep in while they went to church. By the time they finished, i was up and ready to go out and joined them for breakfast. I had noodles and after pestering big bro to order the unhealthy oily fried noodle. They drove me to the taxi stand to get a taxi back to Ranau. Note to self- a lot of taxi/ van with Seluruh Sabah- Ranau written on the side of the van.
Bro went down, talked to a 7 seater driver, and got i got the last spot on the car and i rode shotgun! I felt So lucky. The young driver, kept looking at his phone while driving though. That made me nervous and pretended to sleep while he was manoeuvring the winding road. 
Just before i reached Ranau my home sweet home, i texted My friend Eja to find out if she is around. And she was! So i arranged for a meet up once i arrived. We went out for a drink at 3pm. The wind was blowing cold wind and the  it started to rain from 4-5pm. The shop closes at 4pm, but since the owner was also still at the next table drinking with his buddies, we took our time knowing that he was around. We changed location to another spot and i texted Chal to join us, but i got his old number and never get a reply.
I drove my friend home after stopping by the supermarket to get something for mum and reload card for Eja. It was so great catching up with her.  I went home feeling full from the drinks, cakes and chicken wings we had that evening. I was so sleepy at 10pm and i hit the sack while re-visiting my teenage years rereading Slam Dunk comics.
The next day was a monday. Woke up, had breakfast chak kui and soft boil eggs and coffee. Watched tv and Started getting calls for works even though the line is bad. Tried as best that i can to arrange from where i was. In the evening, the parents took me to mum's orchard to have a look at the illegal graves of an old lady buried in 1978 and a child. We found the old lady's grave since it was recently cleared and cemented on 1st of november 2015. But we couldn't find the child's grave because of the thick bush. But it was said to be marked with a bottle. A whole long story to be told here for some other time.
Anyway, we plucked a few jack fruits, took a few pictures and ate a couple of sour lime and head back.
I continued to watch tv, read a few more comics, slept a couple of winks and it was time for dinner. Mum cooked the jackfruit fritters which i love love love. I had a few before dinner. Dinner was, sup ayam lihing, century egg, fried fish, mix veggies and another veggie soup. Watched tv again, took my shower, read a few pages of comics and dream time. I had a relaxing day. Since i can't really access the internet, i was having an internet intervention. It was what i needed.
The next morning, since i was going to kk that afternoon, I had planned to go for breakfast at Nam Hong with mom, we even told pops not to buy breakfast for us. But mom said pops bought the noodles for us already. Sigh. It turns out pops didn't buy them, but someone else did for him. We ate them anyways. I woke up hearing aunty Theresa's voice. I got up quickly to greet them after hearing my nephew Chanon was there too. Without brushing my teeth, washing my face and combing my hair. I played with the nephews the whole afternoon. I had to beg him to let me go have breakfast and pee. He was fascinated with the chickens and the soil mum had at the back of the house. They went home and left uncle to with his rifle to hunt some squirrel near the workshop.
We left Ranau at 2pm. Stopped by Tamparuli for toilet and the noodles. Pops bought 2 packs for SIL tina knowing that she can take 2 of those while pregnant. Reached wai's house and we let ourselves in. They were sleeping so we decided to head over to big bro's. We arrived and were greeted with the smell of something delicious. It was Korean Crispy fried chicken. Which i love love love. It stayed crunchy even after a few hours. SIL baked yam cake with dried prawns- can i call it cakes? Anyways, it was delicious! I had a lot of those. Yum.
At night i followed big bro to their weekly futsal games with the intention of catching up with my cousin Induk. We had a great time. My cousin Brielly was there too. We continued to have a drink after the games with the guys. They won by a lot that they lost count by the way. We then went home and after showering i continued to have 3 more of those crunchy chicken wings. I didn't even know if i was suppose to finish all 3 of the wings. But i did! It was around 11pm when i was done. I continued to watched something on tv. Dozed off a couple of times, gave up and went to bed. I tried to make the most of my off days and i think i did. 
The next day, i woke up on my own time. Shower, had breakfast, coffee and watched Transformer. I texted Linah a friend of mine who works at the airport to meet up. Dad took me to the airport. The car died one time. Oops. I waited for a good while for Linah to arrive. When she did, we only got less than half an hour to talk about what has been going on with ourselves. We had a good laugh, hugged goodbye and see you later during chinese new year. I board the flight after stretching the time as long as i can without the plane leaving my ass. 
Reaching kl, i had a nice dinner cousin Una who is always eager to listen to my story whenever i was back to Sabah since she hadn't been back a while. Now in bed writing my meaningful journey back i had back home.


No comments: