Monday, December 14, 2015

My First House

Hey, it's been a while.

I always thought that writing was some kind of therapy for me and that i have been writing in my diary since i can remember. Maybe because all these things in my head is not meant for other human being to hear. Or i felt like the things that i am going through now is not as big of a problem compared to what others are going through.

One of my to do list this year was going back packing to an asean country. My cousin was planning to go to Mactan Island in the Philipines. Again there was the possibility of kidnappings. But i didn't care about that. And i find it so disheartening when i couldn't find any 'friend' to go with. I the plans for a solo trip to Phuket, up to the point of looking at flight fare and accommodation, travel time etc. But on the other hand, i have been putting it off myself mostly due to the current Dollar currency is at the all time high while Ringgit is falling. And then i found out that my cousin was going with the husband and another couple from our hometown, by this time i was still looking for 'kaki' when i was told not to go to islands during December month due to monsoon season. I found one but i have the feeling that the percentage of the friend going is basically 30%. Another reason was that I have my apartment renovation/ payment that i need to be thinking about. I am not so sure how i would fare with the responsibility of owning and paying for an apartment. 

Which leads me to the topic of this entries. My first house.!! My cousin's husband kept trying to point out the negative of the apartment. I know he didn't mean it but that's what it felt like when he said things like, 'i don't think that place will amount to anything in the future', ' so many cars parked outside, so crowded', 'it's only been a while and i already saw a few blacks'. Well i was already thinking about all those before he pointed it out.

I need someone to accompany me for the 26th Dec walk-through program. SY says she will try to go, but she wanted to choose to either go with me or go Yoga and hang out with her Poli friends. Left me wondering with he answer. Knowing her, she is someone who hold grudges. If she were to ask me, i wouldn't say no. I think she is still trying to get me back for always ditching her for my colleagues. Oh well. I tried asking my cousin, but she didn't give me any clear answer. Maybe i wasn't asking clearly.

Side track- There is a Big Bad Wolf Sale going on, and i think today is the last day. I wanted to go but not thinking of buying any books, because of all the packing that i needed to do when i move. Furthermore, i had tons of book unread from my previous haul. I'm thinking i might be doing a lot of reading in my new house since i don't plan to install any internet connection so soon.

I have been getting some useful advice from Cousin G on house renovation. Felt so grateful and a little overwhelmed on the detailed things to consider. i have been reading about cases where the contractor left after getting paid more than the works done. I have 2 potential contractors. There is another one who already gave a detailed quotation which is double my budget and after doing some research on the company, found out that they do not have a good reputation even though they said they can produce 3D autocad drawings of the place once i appoint them.

Anyhow, i hope everything turns out well.





2 comments:

Abby said...

We'll be visiting as soon as your apartment is done! Cheerup, muaks!

Abet said...

Ya.. Come over! :) ehhehe