Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My 1st Date…. Almost....

My heart was singing… Can a heart sings….?


I feel like what I imagine I would feel like if I was ever on a date with someone that I truly like…Minus the movie….

I never planned to go to lunch with him that Saturday afternoon… coz I assumed that he will have plans with his girlfriend…considering he was wearing a nicer T-shirt than usual…:)

I will always try to avoid going there on a Saturday.. mainly cause I can have nothing done there… it’s just not worth it with the traveling and the ½ days work hours.. but he asked me to come over early in the morning so that he can do whatever it is that he needed to do. He was so swamped with work coming from other projects, so I saved him the summary of my meeting d day before..

Anyway, I arrived earlier than he & I expected.. No traffic on a Saturday… He was surprised that I was early, but all the better that he can start earlier..

Before I even knew that we were having lunch. I got a phone call for me to pass along a msg to him about a meeting at 5pm. I was so sorry for him that he have to attend the meeting on a Saturday…He told me that he’ll go back & sleep b4 the meeting. So I never bothered to ask him to go for lunch with me. I was already planning on where I wanted to spend my lunch alone in Puchong.. I packed all my stuff ready to go… He never asked me if I wanted to go for lunch.. I never mentioned it too…

So we walked out the front gate, asked me where I parked my car.. at the back gate…

His car is at the front gate..

And all this while he was busy talking on his phone… Owhh.. his phone.. sometimes i have the urged to murder that piece of contraption… always ringing while we were talking..~~

I started to go off on the opposite direction as he was… when he turned around and questioningly looked over at me & his face was asking..”What are u doing..?”…”My car is over here..”….

So, I was likeOh.. lunch..Right…? what…? now…?...O..Ok…: ).. " I threw all my stuff (files) except my bag at the back of his car seat & took out my Guess purse & hp..

I told him that lunch will be my treat.. but it must be below RM50..cheapskate… (anyway, that’s all I have that day).. so, he said..” Then we need to find some place expensive..”.. I said “ Sure.. as long as it’s still below Rm50, then I’m good....”

He asked me about “Loi Yan Kai & “ Kei Tak Sek”.. at Low Yat… never heard of ‘em before.. It was closed or ran out of business… We missed a few turns on our way to Low Yat.. what is he thinking, asking ME for directions..?

He took me to this Hong Kong Restaurant near one of the main entrance.. never eaten there b4 either..: )

The place was packed.. the maitre d' gave us this table that can seat 10.. a group of people joined us soon after.. Better, but awkward…We both ordered cheese baked rice.. fish for me & chicken for him…he ordered fish balls in curry gravy too.. said it was well known there.. I like it when he knew what he wanted.. We were moved to a smaller table so that we can sit facing one another.. “ This is more like it..” his words.. not mine…

Asked me again about my religion.. even though we couldn’t be more different… we did have a few things in common.. not gonna get into it here though… We talked a lot..ordered a plate of fried squid.. he did asked me if I had plans that day…I didn’t…pathetically enough.. but I did so that nite…not clubbing though… he’s not the clubbing type.. think about it.. he’ll be fresh meat in there…

I insisted that I paid for lunch as I’ve said earlier.. but he sternly insisted that he would… there’s no point in arguing since the waitress will surely take the guy’s money over the girl’s… Now I owed him 4 lunches…he said.. (I paid for 2…. Owed him 2 more..)…

He sometimes scared me with his driving..well 4 to 5 accidents aren’t really a good track records… said he wasn’t at fault on all of ‘em…

Once, I rolled my eyes & maybe said a prayer when he tried to avoid a car in front while trying to eat into the right lane…I was sitting at the back.. I thought he didn’t saw me… but I saw I twitch of smile from the rearview mirror…

He switched his Chinese station to English CD for me (I guessed)… I fought hard not to sing along to the Jason Mraz song “I’m yours”.. didn’t wanna scared him off with my singing.. I thought I heard him whistle though…

One funny thing that he asked me while he parked his car while the music was on was..

“What is char..?” ..


Char..? I heard of charred grille meat……?” but that’s not it he said..

The song goes something like this..:-

I know you want me… you know I want Char…” get it..?

As in Char= Cha= you… As in the PussyCatDolls… Don’t Cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me….Don’t Cha…?

: )…. I know…I know…Pathetic.. Loser…pathetic.. Loser… pathetic.. Loser…~~!!! What was I doing with someone else's guy..~~?

7 comments:

SiGracy said...

Bet, "CHA" you! "CHA" you! :P

CaRoL said...

At least it's a start. :D

Abet said...

Kelor: Better to think of it as 'a start of something that is going to where...'...

Grace: Hehe..."CHA" you..hm...~! abiss la..~~

How's the HoneyMoon..? :)

Bren said...

Looks like got chance oh.. :P

Abet said...

Hm... teda la tu Brend... sia sija yg pikir bukan2..eheh... dunno got chance to go on an outing like that again or not.? ehhe..

SiGracy said...

got chance dat....and honeymoon? manada honeymoon....lapas kawin teda duit muahahahahaha...hoenymoon di rumah saja:P

Abet said...

hahha...nanti kita singapore a...

hehe...arap2 ada chance lagi for another outings like that..~~hehe..