Sunday, November 30, 2014

Impromptu hair cut

After a spontaneous lunch of Sup Pedas Kajang yesterday, my colleagues and i went for a hair cut. The hair dresser is an old man with years of experience and acolades from overseas and even invented a technique of cutting hair. After i misheard the receptionist who is also an old lady said rm15. I said ok for a hair cut too. So i went for mine after Jack's turn.

Here is me being so vain, i love my long hair. I had it coloured just this month and even had to pay an extra rm20 for them being too long.
Then i told the guy i want a trim, but not too short.
Or maybe i said i want to cut it short but not too short.
He asked do i need some layers? I said yes.
He wants to lightened the front with some bangs or layers. I said ok.

So i took off my glasses, and i felt the guy chopping away at the back and my face turned hot. 
Silently hoping he did not chop off a lot.
And reassuring myself that my hair will grow back even if he did.
I always had  this notion that people do look thinner with longer hair.

Then he started at the front. I had deja vu many years back when i first got my hair straightened and the hairdresser chopped off my hair to give me bangs. I can feel my face turned hot.

I am ashamed to say i almost cried. 

I was charged for rm25 for a haircut that i didn't want.

He gave me a slightly longer version of the Julianne Hough's hair cut.
As i stand in front of the mirror, i can see that i look more mature. I guess that is not a bad thing.:)

4 comments:

Abby said...

Nice hair!

Abet said...

Thanks. Not all spontaneous thing is a good thing. Sometimes really need to think it through and preferably with some girlfriends around to give advices and not when surrounded by boys.

Bren said...

I wish I have your thick hair! :)

Abet said...

Bren, it only looks thick but its actually just kembang.... When i had my long hair, i kept picking on hairs on the floor. I got worried coz it seems like a lot of hair fall with longer hair. I also heard that drinking black sesame powder drink is good for hair growth. Not sure though.