Sunday, February 8, 2015

Passport Renewal at Puchong Utama JPN Branch

I went to renew my passport last December seeing how it would expire in less than 6 month and i have an oversea trip planned in January 2015.

It was really conveniant that we have a JPN branch right here in Puchong Utama. 
I went there really early in the morning, like i reach before 7am. The sky is still dark And i wonder if people have started queuing or will it be safe for a lone girl to queue so early.

It turns out i was not the only one there. There were already 16 people in front of me when i started to queue and this one Pakcik started to cut my line saying he was here well before i was. But he went to the coffee shop next door for breakfast.
I wanted to tell him off that i would like to have breakfast too but instead i stood there for 2 hrs as the JPN only opens at 9am.

I completely ignored him and told him to go to the back. He disregarded me and slotted himself in two kids infront of me. They let him. It was so not fair.

Anyway, i was a little worried that i didnt get a passport photo done as i heard that it will be taken on the spot. I did tried to get in taken the day before but the shop was closed.

So here's what you need for a passport renewal:-
1- your old passport
2- ic
3- money cash rm300
4- wear a dark coloured tops (i wore blac)
5- do not wear any short skirts or shorts (i have seen a lady wearing dress with the hem just above the knee told to go home and change as they said 'you came here for official reasons, so you better be dressed formally).
6-strong bladder and legs

We were told to queue on the right and those who wants to do their ic are to queue on the left.
When the door was opened, we filed inside to get our number and were told to go upstairs to get our picture taken. We have tl go out the front door and to the right of the staircase.
There we waited to get our turn with the picture and then wait somemore to pay for our passport. I was told to come back in 1hr to collect my passport.

I went to the malay mamak Bravo eateries, i have been meaning to go there for quite sometime but i felt like they would not welcome me. As i felt this place is so much different from sabah. I dared not go in until that day.

All in all the whole process took me 3 hrs. I was done at 10am. I could still go back to work half day but something about my company's admin that doesn't like us changing our leaves from 1 day to half day or do any changes whatsoever that irkes them.

So i took my time, went to do hair treatment, enjoyed my lunch and i forgot what else i did.



No comments: