Sunday, December 27, 2015

I got My House Key today!!

On what's supposed to be a happy anticipated day for me turned sour when i think that i may have lost a friend due to tardiness. Of course there are always 2 sides to every story. Hang on guys, i'm in the mood for a looong story.

SY and my friendship has been on the rocks ever since that silent quarrel we had when instead of me going over to her place and bring her around in her area, she came to my office to have lunch and a movie later on. Maybe it was all having to do with communication problem but i was having the impression that she was suppose to reached my office right after 12.30noon. However, i waited for such a long time that my boss and colleagues kept asking me to go and have a light lunch with them rather than waiting for her alone in my office. I went along because i was hungry. So this was the start of her saying that i always ditched her for my colleagues and only look for her when i have nobody else to hang out with. She gave me the silent treatment when i tried calling her after lunch and she didn't pick up. So i just went in to the movies because she was late as well. I passed the ticket to the guy at the entrance to give it to a girl name SY. She came in after a while and it was so fucking awkward. We only talked after the movie ended. Then one day after we had not hung out for such a long time we had the long awaited argument in my car while again i drove to her place to pick her up to go to a movie near her place. I thought that i would win the arguments by saying that even though i was the one who picked her up and even already gave her a 30minutes head start to get ready, i still ended up waiting a long time outside her house for her to go to the toilet and putting on make up. But her argument was, at least she never bailed out on me. Yeah right, what about the trip to singapore? I am a patient person but i have my limit. One time i took my colleague to pick her up at her house  as well and she still let us wait outside. And my colleague finally know what i have been saying all along. I don't even remember a single time where she was waiting and ready to go once i reached! I knew that someday, tardiness will be the death of this friendship. I think i was being a pushover and i think it's about time to end it as well. I found out that she was the type who hold grudges when she told me that she hated a friend of ours and haven't been in speaking terms with her even though the friend has a few times tried to reached out. So i was really careful not to offend SY and just took it like a wuss. She was even worst, she can even cancel a trip or a flight ticket to a good friends wedding after confirming everything. But she had a good reason, that her sister had dengue and her mom needed help at home. This was also one of the reason that i was not keen on going on a holiday with her whenever she suggested it because she had the tendency to cancel at the very last minute. I am not the only one who is aware about this habit of hers.

So about today, everything was ok when i went looking for her last night for a Christmas dinner because i didn't want to be alone (oh wait, it's still about last night). I told her i was going for a massage that evening for 1 hr, but i can meet up for dinner later. So we met up, i still had to wait outside for about 10min. and we went to a restaurant near her place. And then we took the train to KLCC for coffee and to get a feel of the Christmas decoration there. KLCC even with the giant Christmas tree was not as grand as Pavilion KL to be honest. During dinner i told her that she was the only friend i had in KL, but she always said that i have a lot (referring to the pictures i took of the few outings i had with my colleagues, i knew that she will feel left out when i was posting those pics and will bring it up when she can and sure enough she did) and again said that i treated her as a second choice. Maybe i did, just because my colleague is nearer proximity wise. I did asked her why am i always the one who have to go to her and never the other way around? She said the last time that happened, she was left eating lunch alone. *sigh. I am grateful that she wanted to accompany me to get my house key, she seemed very excited last night. But in my heart i knew that she will be late and i just gave her a benefit of a doubt to prove me wrong.
At the last minute, this morning actually, my cousin who i thought was not able to go with me for the key handing over texted from the next room me asking what time should we meet the developer. I was glad that she wanted to come since i knew that she had a baby to take care of and arranging for her husband to be there with us as well. The husband even had to work today. But i thought it is still not a problem since I told SY last night that she need to be at the designated spot by 9.30am for me to pick her up and go to the apartment. And my cousin said that she can asked her husband to pick her up from the house and go there together. For me to fetch SY is actually a longer way for me to go and come back to the apartment which was just 5 minutes from where i am currently staying. But i didn't mind since i was asking for a favor. By 9 am, i called her up and she said she was already up but needed to go to the toilet and will be late and might only be able to reach at 9.40am. I was starting to get nervous because i was expecting her to leave her house by 9am. Then i saw my cousin was also rushing to wake the baby up and prepare the baby stuff. So i called her again at 9.18am and she still hasn't left her house yet. I have a feeling that she will only leave at 9.30am and I was wondering even if i leave my house now at 9.18am, i still needed another 30min to reach the place where she was supposed to be waiting. And i would probably end up waiting until 10am for her to arrive and then drive like a madman to reach the apartment for the 10am appointment. Which by then i will already be 10-15min if not 30min late. I do not want to apologize for my friend being late if i can help it. Asked my colleague, i will ditched them and wait at the restaurant for them instead of waiting around. From the tone of her voice i already knew that i started a war. If it was only me that will be affected by her being late, i probably still be okay with it. I have endured it for so many times that i lost count. But this time it involved so many parties, including a baby. I really hope that she sees where i was coming from. Because all the people in my house my cousin and her husband .. Heck even the baby is punctual or earlier than necessary. In my opinion, she should have been on time and everything will be all okay. I tried reaching out to her by sending pictures of my house defects and etc. The response that i gotten from her was something like this, "Your house has nothing to do with me, no need to tell me so much". Hm.. My so called friend. * sigh
My response "Then i am sorry for wanting to be punctual". She will text again to fend for herself when the time comes. I just hope that my heart won't beat so fast from being scared. Scared of what? I don't know.

Oh well G, i guess next year's girl trip will just be minus one? She called a while back (like weeks/ months ago) suggesting all these places for our girls trip, but again i did not give an enthusiastic response. She was the one giving the ideas, but she asked me to post it in our chat group, i was not okay with this and was baffled, i mean why?. I told her to post it herself, she said ok, but she never did. I always had the feeling that i won't be enjoying myself if i went on a trip with her. Lucky that i did not went with her and her colleagues the last time they went to Japan. So much drama. Life is much too precious for these kind of dramas.

No comments: