Monday, March 15, 2010

Passport Renewal... 1st Attempt Failed....

I went to Subang USJ to renew my passport on 8th march (Monday)... i took leave on this day...

I went there with printed pages from Mr. & Mrs. Loh's Blog http://www.mrandmrsloh.com/?p=710 detailed map & information on how to renew/ apply for a passport.. got my passport, passport pics, passport application form (printed from the internet)...a pen, glue & RM300 bucks..

I stepped out of the crib at a couple of minutes before 8am.. BIG MISTAKE... all my fault for kept pressing the snooze button on my hp starting from 6am... couldn't bring myself to wake up.. It jammed at Sunway toll.... wasted more than half an hour there...

What Mr. & Mrs. Loh's Blog didn't tell me was:-
1) Printed passport application form from the internet is not acceptable
2) Please check to ensure that IC cip is in good condition- use ur Astro decoder to confirm this
3) KIOSK/ KIPPAS to renew passport is at the right side of the main entrance... no application form is required for this... just prepare a copy of passport pic, ur old passport & RM300... again make sure IC cip is readable... mine wasn't i was told to go to JPN branch to renew my IC... they gave me a slip of paper which have a list of JPN offices.. It didn't show any Puchong branch.. so i went to Maju Junction L6 instead..
(There is a JPN office in Puchong.. near my house..!!!.. - my cousin told me so after i came home from Maju Junction...)

I have to wait another 10days for them to process my new IC...!! WTH....!! Service charge is RM10...

KIOSK- is only for those 18 years and above applicant ...

After coming back from Maju Junction, i went to service my car at the Perodua Service Center at Puchong... Reminders: Make a reservation....!! I was done with everything at exactlly 5pm.. even more tiring than working... i had a headache when i reached home... !!

Bad Day for me..
1) I forgot to take my pen with me which i stupidly left in the car... I had to get a new one from the shop at the airport..RM2..
2) The printed form that i got from the internet is rejected... they gave me an original form.. but they never ask me for any money...
3) My IC cip is kaput....
4) JPN office is just around the corner from my house... i went to KL instead... argh... stupid old slip....!!
5) Had to get another day or 2 days leave to get my IC & renew my passport...!!

Hope my second attempt in renewing my passport will be successful...*fingers crossed*....

6 comments:

SiGracy said...

cant go to subang airport to renew ka? senang lagi sana i guess:)

Abet said...

I went to Subang airport la... Terminal 2.. if i'm not mistaken...:0

Isn't it the same..? Near your place there...

Abby said...

kecian..

Abet said...

FYI.. the KIOSK is only use to RENEW passport with embedded chip ..

ChuanHui said...

Puchong JPN cannot renew passport meh??

Abet said...

See: From what i read in the discussion.. It is still under consideration.. :)