Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Distance

I have been thinking about this for a very long time. It was clear to me that my younger brother's smoking habit has definitely put a strain on his relationship with me & wai (3rd elder bro).

From Left: Farhan, Aping & Jai
Spending days with him at the popular resort, he would suddenly walked off from the group (his two friends Farhan, Jai & i) after consuming some food and he would be gone for a few minutes.

I've been around smokers. i knew their habit & THAT is one of them. They had to have their fix of the stick right after food. I guess i do have a double standard on this matter. I tried those ciggies before & apart from the smelly smoke. The slow exhale & inhale of the stuf is kind of relaxing after a stressfull day.

The thing i hate most is the feeling of being left out of the smoking group. They would politely go off somewhere & leave me with my thoughts. There was a time when all he wanted to do was follow me around & i am the one who ditched him.

Nowadays, it was hard to make him to the simplest thing. He would accompany his friends to the bus stop & didn't give a shit about me when i was leaving. Saying i'm old enough to go by myself. It's not about that, it's about being courteous. I would go with him if the situations is reversed. He would go off at nite after dinner pretending to find some place outside to read. I mean, give me a break.. what better place is there to read than in the room and on the soft comfy bed.

Aping after his wandering starring at the indoor coaster
It was fun when we dine together at Burger King. Where he started talking about what he actually do during training. Eventhough all i heard was computer.. programming...application... & web engineer. Then comes the time for the ciggy break. He took the video cam and pretended to go off wandering around in search of something to snap. He's a lousy liar. I always have hope that he would one day quit. But now, i don't think that he will.

2 comments:

Bren said...

Kang thought he suda quit..but I know it's not gonna be easy to quite the habit..needs lotsa will power and the help of nicotine replacement therapy.

Abet said...

Not yet.. Aping just said that he doesn't smoke as much as he used to..

Being surrounded by friends who smoke also doen't help...I can feel that he made an effort though.. but gave in eventually..