Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Backtrack on Blood Test

12/1/12 (Thursday)- I finally take the test. I was anticipating the worst, and in a way it kind of helped me get through the process. 

 I went in, fill in my particulars, pee in a cup and gave some blood. When the young lady told me to grip my fingers, i felt the pinch, i didn't even realize that i was all done. That was the first time that i saw my blood in a vial. Never knew i had so much blood! I did look the other way and i can feel my arm involuntarily pulling away from the needle point. And i even made a weird nervous sound. I couldn't even repeat the sound if i want to. 

It felt like.. an ant bite. It really does. It also helped the pain that i was told to grip my fingers hard before/when the needle was about to go in. It is totally different from taking shots where you can feel your arm getting numb. The whole peeing thing.. I almost peed before i get to the lab. And i didn't even know if i should fill the cup to the brim or not. Is it weird that i am disgusted with my own pee? The smell, color and the warmness. Euwwe..~~


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Abby said...

haha... made me think back on the first time i take pee pee test.. overflow the tube.. then i had to pour out some of the pee pee.. cap it, wash and wipe it dry before handing it back to the nurse..

Abet said...

Do u remember that it was warm.. Eeew.. Haha..