Thursday, December 30, 2010

Updates

* I didn't spent my 2009 X'mas Day alone. I went to Singapore for X'mas. :p..

My trip from KL-Ipoh-Penang- Kedah- KL turned out to be quite a nice journey. Mainly because i only drove for 2 hrs to from Penang to Kedah, during our stays in Kedah and drove for another 2 hrs from Ipoh to KL. Ah Piaw (the friend who's getting married), booked us a homestay- Ning Homestay which is just around the corner from his house. The homestay was good, parking space provided, 2 channel of Astro AEC & HBO/ Star Movies, spacey & clean room, ensuit bathroom but with only 2 bars of soap & a roll of toilet paper. Location- a few minutes drive from the Alor Setar (Selatan) Tol.

No pictures taken for this place though. Sorry.


These are some of my UK/ Pairs haul.


Inden's Statement-T & Grace's Fridge Magnet
  Kind of hard to find the statement-T while i was in Newcastle. Luckily i saw one in Edinburgh. Bought the fridge magnet from Edinburgh as well. Hence the inscribed 'Scotland'. We found out that it is cheaper to buy the fridge magnet in Edinburgh Castle. There is an entrance fee for the castle though.

Dunhill London for PapaRoach & Gucci Guilty for Moi- From Lilly.. Thanks Lilly

 When in Bristol, Lilly (Aunty Momoi (Rose) sister) wanted to buy something for PapaRoach and i. She bought PapaRoach a wallet when Chris went to Ranau. But i mentioned that PapaRoach don't use wallet and he preferred perfume- he always asked me to get him one for Chinese New Year. I never thought that Lilly would get him any. But she did even after i said 'there's no need to buy us any'.

Mine & MamaRoach's (EUR 66 & 69)
Here's a long version to the story of how i got the handbag and almost miss my train to London.

Found out quite late from Chika (Paris hostel roommate from Japan) that Gallery La Fayette is selling Longchamp & Prada handbags for EUR 60+. The shop closes at aroun 8pm? and opened at 9.30am in the morning. So, i got all excited and decided to get the handbags on the same day that my train leave for London. I have less than 2hrs to get to the shopping mall, get the bag, get the tax free VAT form filled up, get back to my hostel, take the metro to Gare Du Nord, look for the departure hall and check in. Sounds easy right..?! Wrong..!!

I went to the mall as planned. Got me the h/bangs- the outlet was right next to the entrance that i came in with. I wasted time on trying to look for the VAT office which eventually the nice Parisian lady told me that the value did not add up to the minimum EUR175.00. I wasted more time trying to look for a familiar way out of the mall to the street with the intention of walking up the hill back to my hostel. Can't find it. Time is running out. I wasted more time searching for a metro line that stops at Blanche. Found one. Got on it. And board the wrong train while transferring to another line to my stops. Supposed to take Metro Line 2. I got on Metro line 12 or 13.!!! Started panicking when i saw the train moving in the wrong direction, i kept looking at my watch. Got out, and got back in the correct train. Almost missed my stopped at Blanche with the train being so crowded. Got out of the station, run up the hill to my hostel. Got my backpack and head straight to the metro again. Bought the metro ticket- which felt like forever- I had to cut queue to get the ticket while apologizing to the guy who's supposed to be first.

Reached Gare Du Nord, i practically ran through the station to get to the departure hall. Flashbacked on running in the airport to catch our flight to Medan. I was super tired, my legs hurts and my backpack is weighing me down. I kept praying for a delay on the train service. Saying 'I'll rest/ sleep when i'm dead or on the train'. Can't find it. Asked information- it's up another level. Found it. The machine was unable to scan the rectangular code on my printed A4 paper ticket. Had to queue up at the nest queue for a manual check in. At this point i relaxed a little because i saw a few other people still queuing behind me, obviously going to the same destination. I was so nervous and prepared to blame everything on the handbags if i missed the EUR102.00 train. I've been lucky these whole trip. Always in the nick of time. But i'd rather not to chance it again.

No comments: